Mardi, 19 Mars 2019
Latest news
Main » New Zealand PM's office received shooter's 'manifesto' minutes before attack

New Zealand PM's office received shooter's 'manifesto' minutes before attack

16 Mars 2019

New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said additional charges are forthcoming.

Tarrant has been identified as a suspected white supremacist, based on his social media activity.

Video and a "vile 73-page manifesto" circulating online - but not officially confirmed - suggested the shooter had streamed his attack on Facebook Live.

Two other people arrested are yet to be charged. He was ordered to return to court again April 5. Seven more people were gunned down at a mosque on the other side of the city in the suburban Linwood neighborhood.

Outside one of the two mosques, 32-year-old Ash Mohammed pushed through police barricades in hopes of finding out what happened to his father and two brothers, whose cellphones rang unanswered. No images have emerged from the second mosque.

Two IEDs (improvised explosive devices) were also found and neutralised by the military, police said.

"Its important to be here standing with you because as Prime Minister Ardern said yesterday, an attack against one is an attack against all of us", Mr Morrison told reporters. Regardless of whether terrorist attacks are perpetrated by white or Islamist extremists, their narratives must not be enabled through whataboutery.

In fact, for many, New Zealand was a choice, a place they actively came to and committed themselves to, the place they were raising their families, where they were part of communities they loved and who loved them.

A cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh scheduled to start Saturday was canceled after the Bangladesh cricket team had a narrow escape.

Ardern said that investigators are working to determine whether two others who were taken into custody in relation to the massacre were directly involved. Another 48 people suffered gunshot wounds in the attacks. Eleven people remained in intensive care, hospital authorities said.

He added that one of his friends had died of his injuries and another is still in hospital.

Ansun Zhong, owner of Chong's Chinese restaurant in Christchurch City Central, said the shooting greatly affected people's life in Christchurch.

"It's been a pleasure to know you all guys". In addition to the dead, she said more than 20 people were seriously wounded.

Authorities declined to discuss potential motives for the attack.

She pronounced it "one of New Zealand's darkest days".

In a letter to the prime minister of New Zealand, Modi also stressed India's strong condemnation of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, and of all those who support such acts of violence. A surviving son was convicted of their murders in 1995, but later acquitted at a retrial in 2009 and awarded a payout of nearly $1 million New Zealand dollars ($680,000). "I'm not sure how to deal with this".

The last comparable mass shooting in New Zealand was nearly three decades ago, and the annual murder rate is usually around 50 people for the entire country. Two mosques were targeted in the attack. "I will definitely try and look him up".

Muslims account for just over 1 percent of New Zealand's population, a 2013 census showed, most of whom were born overseas.

Two semi-automatic weapons, reportedly AR-15s, two shotguns and a lever-action gun were used in the attacks.

The judge briefed the media before the hearing, saying videos and photographs were only released by approved New Zealand media outlets including TVNZ and RNZ. The alleged gunman obtained a gun license in November 2017. The U.S. has racked up 56 mass shootings so far this year. "Are there associates in the United States?"

"It's the time for change", said Ardern.

"He loves his family", said Shaik.

Political and Islamic leaders across Asia expressed their disgust at the deadly shooting. He said he heard the gunman "continuously shooting for 10 to 15 minutes".

New Zealand PM's office received shooter's 'manifesto' minutes before attack